Friday, October 1, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to the premier blog spot of Black Hills Gold jewelry! This blog will cover a wide array of topics specifically related to Black Hills gold - history, trends and fashions in jewelry, social and cultural shifts related to jewelry in general and the like.

First,  a few things about myself. As a female member of the Homo Sapiens species, it is natural that I am attracted to jewelry and get excited seeing new designs and creative innovations, but my attraction goes beyond simply seeing, admiring and wearing jewelry. I am not only drawn towards jewelry of all forms, fashions and prices but also like to look at the anthropological roots of jewelry and the place that it has occupied in social relations, culture and human development.

The classic dictionary definition of jewelry would simply be -  objects of precious metal often set with gems and worn for personal adornment. However, the significance goes beyond just that. There is a social and cultural relevance, one of position and prestige in the society as well as conveying a message discreet or indiscreetly about the person wearing the jewelry.

In this blog, I will focus on my passion - which is Black Hills Gold jewelry. This particularly interests me not only because of the unique nature and design of Black Hills Gold type of jewelry, but there is a certain mystery, mystique and history behind this that is absolutely exciting. This is now part of folklore as well as modern American history, one of several that formed and shaped this great nation.

I welcome you to join and follow my blog as well as would be interested in any comments of your own that would enrich this discussion. Enjoy and talk to you sometime on the Web!!

No comments:

Post a Comment